Monday, March 22, 2010

12 Weeks!!


I'm late again adding a post, had a busy end of the week and weekend. I have had a little bit of nausea again this weekend, still fighting fatigue, however my allergy and coughing has subsided. I can now feel my uterus right above my hairline, especially when I have a full bladder(which is usually when I wake up in the middle of the night.) I also notice it more when standing or laying down on a hard surface. We have our NT u/s in 2 days, I'm so anxious and ready to see our baby again. My results came back from the bloodwork that was drawn last week and it looks like I have hyperthyroid, it's very slight but I have to see an endocrinologist in April.

Here is what babycenter.com says about our baby this week.

Our baby is just over 2 inches long and weighs a 1/2 ounce. Kind of amazing that the baby is the same size as a lime. The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be.

How far along? 12weeks and change ;)
Total weight gain/loss? I think I have gained some more weight this past week, I'm so hungry..just about every 2 hours. Making sure I have lots of fruit for snacking.
Maternity clothes? Nope but I haven't been wearing any jeans or anything that isn't 100% cotton...my stomach and waistline have been so sensitive and itchy.(This is one symptom I do remember having when I was pregnant with Nessa)
Stretch marks? About the same as before
Sleep? My energy is a down a bit again, but it definately has more to do with me tossing and turning at night.
Movement? Nothing yet :(
Food cravings? Hamburgers and berries(strawberries and raspberries mainly)
Symptoms? Fatigue, slight nausea, and itchy
Gender? OH! I hope we find out in 2 days, I can't wait to start shopping :)
Labor signs? None
Belly button in/out? In
What I miss: Nothing, I'm enjoying my pregnancy :)
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our baby in 2 days and feeling our baby move.
Milestones: Being able to feel my uterus, and almost at the end of the first trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...