Friday, April 23, 2010

17 weeks :D



Ok so not alot to update on this week, we did finally get the fetal doppler in today, it works great! I was impressed, took me maybe 15 secs to find our little one's heartbeat. The doppler I bought was all of $30 including shipping from amazon.com, it's called Babysounds pocket fetal doppler. It also has a screen with heartbeat readout. Baby was sitting around 146-151bpm. I attached the video file, I really just wanted you to hear the sound of the heartbeat but I couldnt figure out how to do that so I used a free video editing program and added the sound that way. The "blips" in the heartbeat(except for the very last blip, which is me taking off the doppler) is the baby kicking, it's so cute. Really made my day, my daughter and father got to hear the heartbeat for the first time as well. Baby has been pretty active, not hard enough kicks for anyone on the outside to feel but I do feel lots of flutters. I'm pretty sure he is going to be a night baby since that is when he is most active. I go in for a regular OB appointment this Monday, just a check-up probably will measure my uterus and stuff. Still patiently waiting for May 3rd to come along that will be our gender confirmation and anatomy ultrasound. It's slowly creeping it's way here :)

So what is going on with baby this week (babycenter.com):
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — his lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and he's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. He can move his joints, and his sweat glands are starting to develop. Gotta love my little turnip.

How far along: 17 weeks
Weight gain: 2 pounds
Stretch marks: No changes
Symptoms: I'm just achy from baby growing :)
Sleep: Some but not comfortable
Best Moment this Week: Getting my doppler!
Food Cravings: Nachos
Labor Signs: BH only
Belly Button in or out?: In
Wedding rings on or off?: On
Movement: Yup, only flutters but it's something
What I am looking forward to: Same as last week our 18 week ultrasound appointment, which is in 1 week.
Milestones: Sharing the sound of baby with family and friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...