Tuesday, June 8, 2010

23 Weeks 114 days to go....

Photobucket


Just had a very exhausting weekend, working all day Saturday and the heat has kicked into over drive. It sucks to get into your car and it's like sitting in an oven. I think we hit 110 the last couple days. It's amazing how much it drains your energy. I held off posting this week because I had my OB checkup yesterday and wanted to post about that. I talked to her about my plans to have a natural delivery. She told me the hospital has alot of great amenities including a spa-bath in the labor room which you can labor in if you would like. I heard that laboring in warm water helps to relax you and being in a total state of relaxation helps with the contractions and helps to move labor along faster. They provide birth balls, also to help move labor along, and also you can have a massage during the first stage of labor. We discussed what I wanted and she just asked that I allow a closed IV line being put in my arm just in case complications arose, this would save time. We both agreed about if I can't handle it or if baby seems stressed, all bets are off. It's nice to have an OB who really listens to you. I have been having a few more contractions then normal and alot of back pressure and pain, and I was thinking it was because of a possible bladder infection. My OB took a urine sample and said it looked like there could be a slight infection. She checked my cervix and it looked good and also took a cervical culture to rule out any infection there and started me on a low dose antibiotic.

We have done more work on the nursery, set up the play corner, hung up some decor and paintings. We are still looking for curtains, dresser, and a bookshelf which is pretty good I think. I bought some super cute soft books for Parker's play corner and want to find some other cute things I can put there for when he's at that stage.

How far along: 23 weeks (going by 10/3 edd)
Weight gain: I have gained 15lbs total, had a big gain this past month. I think I averaged about 2 lbs a week since my last appt. If I continue that weight gain with 16 weeks to go that will be another 32 lbs.
Stretch marks: No changes
Symptoms: I can tell my appetite has been picking up quite a bit. I have to be careful and make sure I'm nibbling on some healthy snacks every hour or so or I will eat too much at my next meal.
Sleep: I have noticed that I have been sleeping better but I think the heat is taking everything out of me. I'm so much more exhausted every day.
Best Moment this Week: My hubby and I made a painting for Parker's room. It perfectly matches his decor. We felt like one wall was just too bare and so I told my hubby what I wanted it and he just drew it and I painted it. I love it!
Food Cravings: Peaches, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Grapes, Oranges, and milk.....my hubby laughed too.
Labor Signs: Had a few more contractions than I normally do. Possibly because of a bladder infection.
Belly Button in or out?: In, I really don't think it will ever become an outie.
Wedding rings on or off?: Still on but I'm noticing that my fingers are definately swelling my rings are making big indentations on my fingers which they never did before
Movement: He moves all over, even as I type now. He loves the sound of Nolan's voice when he reads to Parker at night. My cat even saw my belly do this funny roll because of Parker and got this funny look on his face.
Milestones: Getting the nursery started and almost finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...