Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby leggings Tutorial



What baby needs pants when you have baby leggings!!!!!

Baby leggings are huge for babies right now and if you're anything like me and don't want to spend $12.00 for them. Here is a simple tutorial to make them. It's quick and is easy in terms of sewing skill level.

I have searched and tried a lot of different tutorials but I have to say my favorite tutorial is from Little Birdie Secrets.

I like that you don't have any seam lines when you are finished.


Photobucket


I did make a few changes to that tutorial but it's only because I don't hand sew...ever! I'm really am horrible at it plus a machine is so much faster.

Baby Leggings

I bought these pair of knee high socks at the dollar store.



I cut about 12" of length or you can use a regular babyleg as your measuring tool (You will pretty much just be cutting off the foot of the sock at the ankle.)

Make sure you leave a little extra length for the seam.

*** For a No Sew version, you can let the cut edge roll and you would be finished at this point. ***



Next, turn the legging inside out and make a 1/4" seam and and sew. You can use a straight stitch or zig-zag stitch. I used a zig-zag stitch.



Make sure you don't accidentally catch the other side since you are sewing a small opening. I keep my finger in between. Also, don't stretch/pull while sewing or you will make too big of an opening.



Repeat the process on the other legging, turn right side out and.....that's it!!

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea! I wish I had some:)
    Dropped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...