Wednesday, September 5, 2012

31 week pregnancy update!

I actually missed posting a 30 week update so I decided to do the update this week. It has been pretty crazy since I posted my last update at 28 weeks. We celebrated Parker's 2nd birthday this past weekend and I will be getting a post up with all the party details. Aside from that I've been struggling with bouts of preterm labor craziness! In the past 10 days I've been to L&D 3 times for preterm issues. After the last visit on Labor Day, I've been put on bed rest, not quite strict bed rest, but I need to tone down my activity levels....even more.  If I can't seem to stay down and relax my OB has threatened hospital bed rest...eek! I'm not the type to sit around, it's tough, but right now I'm doing my best and I know it's what our little one needs.

Photobucket


My husband is finally off overtime so it's been nice to have him home earlier in the evening and on the weekends. My mom also did a last minute family/maternity session for us this weekend. It's a good thing we did it when we did, because it wouldn't be possible any longer.

Photobucket


How far along: 31weeks 5days

Weight gain: 16 lbs total

Movement: She has graduated to the rolling movements. It's funny to watch my belly when she is super active.

Symptoms: Other than when I have the bouts of preterm labor contractions, I'm feeling pretty good! When I was up and around too much I would have a lot of pelvic pressure/pain. Now with the rest that has become much better.

Labor: As long as I'm on my procardia regiment, I don't have any contractions. Right now I'm 1+ centimeters dilated, 70% effaced and Eliana is at a -3 station. In the past 10 days I haven't had too much change just slight.

Photobucket

I realize that the ultrasound photo is upside down, but when we tried to flip the photo, the pocket covered up too much of baby. I LOVE it anyhow!

Photobucket




Sleep: Sleep is so-so at the moment. Right before bedtime, I get these crazy "itchy" episodes all over. Not sure why, but it is so frustrating and uncomfortable. I'm getting up to pee 3/4 times a night as well.

Best Moment this Week: We made it through another week and also Parker's birthday party! I also pulled out the hospital bag and started packing it. I feel so unorganized this time around.

What I am looking forward to: Another week under our belt is all I ask for. Also, that we can finish up all the small details in the Parker and Eliana's room.

Next appointment: September 12th

Photobucket


Photobucket


I'm adding a few more "tidbits" now that I'm in the home stretch.

Belly Button in or out: In,  it never went out when I was pregnant with Vanessa or Parker. 

Feet Swelling: Not really, but my OB ordered me a pair of circulation socks to wear since I will be laying down most of the day.

Wedding rings on or off: I can still wear them, but after a while they start getting uncomfortable. When I'm home they are usually off.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Another sneak peek of the Parker and Eliana's room:

Photobucket








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...