Sunday, December 2, 2012

Designing a shared room: Picture frame bow holder

I thought it was funny that my last post about their room, was the same day Eliana arrived. If you missed reading that post you can read it here.

I decided, after jumping on the "bow" bandwagon, that Eliana needed a bow holder. Once again, Pinterest came to the rescue. I used this tutorial to make the picture frame bow holder.

Picture frame DIY cost: 

Frame: $2.50 (thrifted)
Chevron fabric: $2.00 (SAS fabrics wholesale)
Grey polka dot ribbon(4 yards):  $1.00 (SAS fabrics wholesale)
Hooks: $1.00 (Walmart)

Total: $6.50!!! 

Total time: 1 hour

Photobucket
Has to be the ugliest picture I've ever seen, but the frame is big and sturdy. I love these vintage frames too.
 
Photobucket
I liked the distressed look the frame already had, so I sprayed a light coat of creme paint so it would match the shelve it would be hanging by.


Photobucket
This project was one of the quickest and easiest projects to do, but I love how it looks. I've seen holders like this in boutique shops selling for over $50 too!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Superb! I would love to follow your tutorial and get one done very soon, I will get the ribbons from Ribbons.Cheap at good price, you can also check it out. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...